2010年2月8日 星期一

Reflection on the game "Second Life"

Second Life is a game of virtual life. It is quite interesting that we can change the character as we like. We can fly and explore everywhere. We can create something we like,though with quite limited choice(As I know). I was really excited when I met someone I know online and they looked very funny. It was really funny when I saw my character appearing on other screens but from different angles. I was puzzled sometimes since I was not familiar with the functions of the game. I think it may arouse my students' interest in learning some vocabulary items especially for the functions. It may be better if I take them to the computer room and ask them to create a character on spot for the first time. Then, they should play with their classmates at the same time. I think they will continue to play it at home without my asking them to.

1 則留言:

  1. Kids would love playing such kind of games, yet may also waste time online, don't you think so? They might learn few language skills. What do you say, Joedy?

    回覆刪除